A Natural and Holistic Approach
By Javier Ramon Brito
Coronavirus, or covid-19, is a virus of the coronavirus family that is believed to have started in Wuhan, China, possibly linked to a seafood wholesale market in that city. The global concern around this virus is that it is believed to cause respiratory ailments like coughs, fever, breathing difficulties and pneumonia. However, most people who become infected experience only mild illness and recover, although it can be more severe for others.
Since this is a viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. Recovery from this illness really depends on the strength of the immune system that a person has. This explains why many of those who have died of causes attributed to the virus were people who were already in poor health. So the key to fighting this virus is to have a good immune system.
As basic prevention measures, the World Health Organization (WHO) (1) advices to:
• Wash your hands frequently to kill viruses that may be on your hands. Use soap and wáter or an alcohol-based hand rub.
• Maintain social distancing: Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth, because contaminated hands could transfer the virus to those areas.
• Practice respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
Other basic measures that scientists and people interested in the subject are advising through the media and social networks include:
• Keep your body in an alkaline state. A body with an acidic PH is more prone to illness, while an alkaline body is more resilient. Use sodium bicarbonate, magnesium chloride, olive oil and lemon juice, and lemon juice diluted in water (without sugar). Also a tea made of turmeric, ginger and black pepper reinforces the immune system. Another useful tea is fennel tea, which naturally contains a substance that fights influenza.
• Avoid Electromagnetic Pollution. There is strong evidence that exposure to electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog, EMF, EMR) weakens the immune system. And someone with a weakened immune system experiences infections more severely, whether they be viral (as the coronavirus), bacterial or fungal. Stay away from 5G, 5G towers and antennas. For more information on this subject check Dr. Magda Havas, PhD's important research.
• Avoid crowded places.
• Wear good-quality face masks, like a proper surgical mask, a N95 mask or an ASTM-F2100 surgical face mask.
Here are some general dietary guidelines and natural remedies that can be helpful against the Coronavirus and other respiratory ailments. (2)
• Be sure to get plenty of rest, which is essential in a recovery process.
• Be sure to get plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration an to thin secretions.
• Avoid dairy products. They can increase the production of mucus.
• Take Garlic. Garlic, specially raw, is a very powerful antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal agent. It has immune boosting effects.
• Avoid fatty foods, refined sugar, caffeine and refined carbohydrates.
• Eat small, frequent meals that feature nutrient-dense foods like whole vegetables, fruits and lean protein. Hot soups are also a good choice.
• Beta-carotene supplements help protect and repair mucous membrane tissue and are also a precursor or vitamin A, which is essential for the good health of the respiratory passage linings.
• Vitamin C is known to be anti-inflammatory. It helps to stimulate the immune system. Choose a mineral ascorbate form with bioflavonoids.
• Glutathione. A healthy immune system always needs this master antioxidant. Foods rich in glutathione include asparagus, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, avocado, Brussels sprouts, garlic, chives, cucumbers, tomatoes, walnuts and almonds.
• Quercetin. A healthy immune system always needs this bioflavonoid. Foods rich in quercetin include apples, onions, berries, grapes, broccoli, cherries, citrus fruits, capers and tea. Ginkgo biloba and St. John's wort are also said to contain quercetin.
• Take a vitamin B complex supplement, especially in the recovery fase.
• A mild Zinc supplement may also help during the recovery fase. Take it with food to prevent stomach upset and do not take more than 15 to 20 milligrams twice a day, because more than that could cause intoxication.
• Astragalus is a herb known to enhance your immunity. It also increases the oxygen available to your body. It helps the body regenerate bronchial cells after a viral insult.
• Echinacea. This tincture is known for helping to prevent viral respiratory tract infections.
• Ginger tea helps to break up mucus.
• Marshmallow root is soothing to the lungs.
• Osha root also helps to strengthen the lungs and decreases inflammation.
• Isatis is a Chinese herb with antiviral properties that can be useful in cases of viral pneumonia.
• TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). It is interesting to notice that in order to beat the coronavirus or covid-19, China is using, among other things, its own TCM or natural medicine, with its 1,800-year-old herbal formulas, such as a famous "pulmonary detoxifying soup" that includes 20 herbs, like ephedra, cinnamon twigs, licorice root, mandarin peel, almond, ginger and coriander fruit.
• Homeopathic Remedies. Gelsemium, Allium Cepa and Oscillococcinum can be useful.
Louise Hay clarifies that the emotional cause or the emotional conflict behind all respiratory ailments (i.e. bronchitis, colds, coughs, influenza) is the “fear of taking in life fully.”
Lung problems reflect a longstanding “depression. Grief. Fear of taking in life. Not feeling worthy of living life fully.” And in the case of pneumonia, the person is “desperate. Tired of life” and has “emotional wounds that are not allowed to heal.”
By the same token, influenza is a “response to mass negativity and beliefs. Fear. Belief in statistics.” And, interestingly, when there is infection there is an emotion of “irritation, anger and annoyance“ behind the infection. When the infection is viral (as in the case of coronavirus), there is a “lack of joy flowing through life” and a sense of “bitterness.” (3)
From this metaphysical and vibrational perspective, it is clear that fear is your worst enemy, because fear, anxiety and panic lower your immune system. So protect yourself adequately, but do not buy into the fear mongering news and statistics. Try to calm your fear and anxiety regarding this virus. Bach flower remedies, positive affirmations, EFT and healing music can help you do that.
Although Bach flowers are best prescribed on the basis of an individual’s unique personal needs, the following recommendations can be useful in cases of respiratory ailments and coronavirus: (4)
• Mimulus. “The bravery flower.” To calm your fear and anxiety regarding coronavirus. It helps you to move from fear of the world to trust in the world.
• Red Chestnut. "The symbiosis flower." To help with fears for other people's safety and well-being, especially your loved ones.
• Aspen. To help with anxiety and fear of the unknown, like when you worry about the impacts of the virus in your society.
• Gorse. “The flower of hope.” It helps you move from a state of giving up to one of going forth.
• Mustard. The flower for general depression and melancholy that comes from collective streams of feelings like suffering, pain or sorrow.
• Honeysuckle. “The past flower.” It helps you with melancholy, regret, homesickness and sentimental yearnings.
• Walnut. “The midwife flower.” It protects you and helps you to move from being easily influenced to an inner steadfastness.
• Wild Rose. “The zest for life flower.” It helps you to move from resignation to entering into life again. It helps to say “yes” to life.
You can also use the Bach flower remedies in sound form.
Drawing largely on Louise Hay’s recommendations (5), I have drafted and recorded the following positive affirmations that can be very useful to vibrationally prevent and be immune from coronavirus or any respiratory ailment:
Positive Affirmations for Immunity from Coronavirus
I am beyond group beliefs, and statistics.
I am free, from all congestion and influence.
I am safe. I love my life.
I say "yes" to life.
I breathe clean air and my lungs are clean and healthy.
I embrace life, and live life fully, in perfect balance and health.
I eat clean food and drink clean water.
I have the capacity to embrace the fullness of life.
I lovingly live life, to the fullest.
I am aligned with Divine ideas, filled with the breath and the intelligence of Life.
I lovingly allow joy, to flow freely in my life.
I love myself.
I am healthy.
I have a strong immunity.
My body is strong.
I choose to be healthy, peaceful and harmonious.
I radiate health, peace and harmony at all times.
I am surrounded by healthy people, peace and harmony, at all times.
The above positive affirmations can also be used in conjunction with EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), also known as the “tapping” on the main meridian points of your body, as in this example that uses EFT to ease the fear and anxiety related to the coronavirus.
You can fast forward to the minute 5:50 where it starts to create a “super immunity” against the coronavirus. You can use the positive affirmations suggested above, using the same sequence to tap on your meridians while you say them.
You can also use healing music for your lungs, either by listening to it alone or while you repeat in your mind your positive affirmations against the coronavirus, or while you tap on your meridians using EFT and repeating in your mind the positive affirmations. Here is my video to activate the lung meridian with music. It is music that gives you hope, a sense in your life and inspiration.
It is my song called "My Love Increases", from my Album "Expression", which you can download here if you want. It is also available on all streaming platforms like Tidal, Spotify, Apple music and Deezer.
A final thought is that drum music has been found to boost the immune system (6) and this has been recently confirmed by a scientific study. (7)
With this in mind, I share with you this video of my drum music recording called "1st Chakra Dance", together with an explanation of the First Chakra, which is the chakra that rules immunity in your body. You can also download this music if you want, or listen to it on any music streaming platform.
I hope this helps. Stay safe. Please share this article.
(2) See Zand, Janet et al. “Smart Medicine for Healthier Living.” Avery, 1999. p. 480-482.
(3) Hay, Louise. “Heal Your Body. The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them.” Hay House. Inc, 1988, p. 43, 44, 48, 57, 60, 71.
(4) See Scheffer, Mechthild. “Keys to the Soul. A Workbook for Self-Diagnosis Using The Bach Flowers.” Saffron Walden, The C.W. Daniel Company Limited, 1998.
(6) See The benefits of Drumming.